THE COMPETITION RULES
Reed MIDEM is a French company organised in the legal form of a société par actions simplifiée (simplified joint stock company) with a share capital of 310,000 €, having its registered office at 27-33 Quai Alphonse le Gallo 92200 Boulogne-Billancourt, France and is registered with the Nanterre Commerce and Companies Registry under the number 662 003 557. Reed Midem is the official organiser of the MIPIM 2020 tradeshow (hereafter “MIPIM”), taking place from 10 to 13 March, 2020, in Cannes, and of the related MIPIM Awards 2020 (hereafter “MIPIM Awards”). The competition rules of the MIPIM Awards (hereafter “Rules”) are detailed hereafter.
Item 1: Competition categories and eligibility requirements
Projects completed in 2018-2019,* by MIPIM registered companies (hereafter the "Entrants”) can enter the competition under one of the following categories:
- Best futura project (total surface area <150,000 sqm)
- Best futura mega project (total surface area ≥ 150,000 sqm)
- Best cultural & sports infrastructure
- Best hotel & tourism resort
- Best healthcare development
- Best industrial & logistics development
- Best mixed-use development
- Best office & business development
- Best refurbished building
- Best residential development
- Best shopping centre
- Best urban project
*Except for Best futura project and Best Futura Mega Project (construction starting in 2018-2020) and Best urban project (Project or at least one phase completed in 2018-2019)
Item 2: Number of projects allowed
There is no limit on the number of submissions per company, and one application can be sent in several categories as long as it meets all the eligibility requirements stipulated in the Rules and separate submissions are prepared.
Item 3: Pre-entry form
Entrants must be registered to MIPIM. Companies wishing to enter the competition must complete and submit one online pre-entry form per project, on the MIPIM Awards web page (www.mipimawards.com). Reed MIDEM will verify each project’s eligibility and send a confirmation email. If the project is managed by several companies, the company submitting the project guarantees that
1. It is the sole initiator together with possible co-authors and warrants;
2. It holds all the rights for the presented projects and information related to the project;
3. It does not harm any potentially involved third party’s rights or anyone’s private life or likeness;
4. The project / idea does not infringe any law, especially copyright laws.
In case several companies submit the same project, they must reach an agreement to designate one company only to represent them. If not, Reed MIDEM reserves the right to keep the first received entry and reject the other ones. Reed MIDEM will not be held liable in case of any conflicts between the companies.
Pre-entry forms must be completed in English and submitted online by November 22, 2019.
Item 4: Final Entry form
If the submitted pre-entry meets the eligibility requirements for the next step of the competition, Reed MIDEM will ask the entrant to complete and submit the final entry form and all required materials online by December 20, 2019, on the MIPIM Awards web page (www.mipimawards.com). The final entry form must be filled out in English. Entrants expressly authorise Reed MIDEM to use the information, related to the project, completed in the final entry form as well as the supporting materials, for communication purposes if needed.
Item 5: Entry fees
Entrants must pay an entry fee of €950 (+VAT 20%) for each project submitted.The entry fee contract must be signed and returned by December 20, 2019. Fees are not refundable, regardless of the results of the jury’s selection. Important: If the entry fee is not paid by the deadline, the company will not be authorised to participate in the MIPIM Awards competition and the project will not be examined by the jury. Entrants will receive the payment form by e-mail.
Item 6: The jury and the Jury meeting
All completed applications received by December 20, 2019, will be submitted to the MIPIM Awards Jury, an independent body of real estate professionals selected by Reed MIDEM.
The jury will meet in January 2020 to review all the entries and shortlist 4 finalists in each of the 12 categories mentioned in item 1 (the “Finalists”).
The results will be announced to the entrants shortly after the jury meeting by email.
The jury can, in total independence, base its selection upon various and unlimited criteria such as:
• Originality of the concept
• Architectural qualities
• Environmental qualities
• Integration of the project in its environment and community.
The jury is also entitled to move any project to a more appropriate category and consequently judge the project in that category. The entrant will be informed by email of this change.
The jury reserves the right not to examine incomplete entries or entries that do not comply with the present rules.
The jury may decide to remove a category if they consider that the submitted entries do not ensure a sufficient level of quality.
The jury’s decision is final and will not have to be justified.
Item 7: Finalists and visual elements
Finalists will be asked to provide additional visuals that will be displayed during the MIPIM Awards ceremony. Reed MIDEM reserves the right to choose which elements will be displayed and modify these elements if needed to guarantee the quality of the event.
Finalists accept that all project information, including photographs and other materials provided, may be forwarded to third parties for the purposes of conducting the on site vote, organising the ceremony and promoting the MIPIM Awards.
Finalists also certify and guarantee that they have been authorised to this end by potential co creators or third parties.
Finalists shall hold Reed MIDEM harmless from and against any risk of claims or actions by third parties, both during and after the performance of the Competition on the grounds of an infringement of their rights, in particular as regards the intellectual property rights in the elements supplied by the Finalists under the terms of these Rules. To this end, the Finalists hereby agree to hold Reed MIDEM harmless from and against any claim, of any kind whatsoever, issued by one of its employees, workers or third parties.
In the event that proceedings are issued against Reed MIDEM, all duties, costs, fees and damages that it may be ordered to pay shall be borne by the Finalists only.
Finalists commit to provide Reed MIDEM with the name of the photographer (photo credit).
Entrants will be informed by email if their projects have been selected by the MIPIM Awards Jury.
The entrant warrants that he informed and obtained authorisations from its organisation for the process described below.
For a period of five (5) years, for any informational, promotional, marketing and/or commercial purposes, Reed MIDEM may :
- photograph and make video or audio recordings of the MIPIM Awards (hereinafter referred to as the "Recording") ;
- broadcast, live or deferred, the Recording of MIPIM Awards on tangible or intangible media platforms, including media networks and the Internet (Facebook or YouTube).
- adapt the Recording to be included within a compilation of other contents of MIPIM – notably for Continuing Professional Development purposes - and represent, reproduce, distribute and market the said compilation
- communicate the Recording on all tangible or intangible media known or unknown at this time, notably digital media and internet (in particular, the websites tradeshows and its partners and related promotional social media as YouTube branded channel, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or other), and on any other promotional or marketing tool it may use, being specified that Reed MIDEM will not be held liable for uses of whatever nature that may be made by web surfers of the Recording appearing on these websites.
Item 8: Competition prizes
In addition to the awards given to the category winners (one trophy for each category winner), a Special Jury Award can be granted to the jury’s favourite project among all.
Item 9: Voting process and results
During MPIM, from Tuesday 10 March (9.00) to Thursday 12 March (noon) 2020, delegates with a badge will be able to vote for their favourite project in each category in the Awards Gallery. Their vote will represent 50% and the jury’s vote 50% of the final results. In the event of a tie between two or more projects, the president of the jury will make a decision in the presence of a Reed MIDEM representative. The final results will determine each category winner.
Item 10: MIPIM Awards Ceremony
The winners will be announced at the MIPIM Awards Ceremony, which will take place on 12 March 2020 during MIPIM at the Palais des Festivals, Cannes.
Official representatives for the winning projects will collect their prizes on stage.
The prize-giving will be photographed and recorded for the purposes of promoting the MIPIM Awards, the winners, the finalists and their project(s). Winners and finalists authorise Reed MIDEM and their representatives to photograph and video and audio record the prize-giving directly or indirectly, including their likenesses and voices, together with any elements related to their projects as mentioned under Items 4 and 7 above,. Winners and finalists also certify and guarantee that they have been authorised to this end by their official representatives and any potential co-creators and third parties.
Item 11: MIPIM Awards Ceremony attendance
Each Finalist must be registered to MIPIM and agrees to send at least one official project representative to the MIPIM Awards Ceremony to receive any prize(s).
Companies selected as Finalists for the MIPIM Awards do not receive free entry to the MIPIM exhibition area.
Item 12: Force Majeure
In the event of force majeure or unforeseen circumstances resulting in the impossibility of organising MIPIM, the MIPIM Awards shall be cancelled without any indemnification whatsoever.
"Force Majeure" means any health, climate, economic, political or social situation at the local, national or international level: (i) which could not have been reasonably foreseen at the time of entering into the participation contract, (ii) which is beyond the control of the parties, and (iii) which precludes the performance of the parties' obligations, and, in particular, the holding of the event, or which poses a risk of disturbances likely to seriously affect the organisation and the smooth running of the event or the safety of persons and property.
Item 13: Privacy
Reed MIDEM collects entrants personal data by the present document or during participation of the event, (attended places or events, services operated). The data is processed by Reed MIDEM for the purposes of caring out its contractual obligations (notably customer’s data base management, events, services and ticketing management, invoicing and cash collection management) and promoting its activity.
Such data is stored for a maximum duration of 10 years.
This personal data can be:
• integrated into the online database available to Participants to enable them to prepare the event, promote their business and schedule their business appointments within the event. In this respect, Participants undertake not to use the data for any other purposes. Reed MIDEM reserves the right to stop by any means any disturbance caused by any forbidden use of personal data;
• transmitted to sub processors that have undertaken to comply with Data Protection Laws requirement such as companies belonging to the same group, in particular the companies of the RELX group, service providers and partners, who may be located outside the European Economic Area;
• communicated to Participants, such as speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, who can be located outside the European Economic Area to carry out commercial prospecting;
• used on all distribution and promotional media in connection with the relevant event including over the internet;
• processed for distribution and promotional analysis (profiling, targeting).
As a data controller, Reed MIDEM have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that its processing of personal data meet the requirement of French and European Data Protection Laws and in particular GDPR. Entrants may exercise their right to access, obtain, correct and oppose the use of your personal data by fulfilling the form here to: privacy.reedexpo.com/en-gb/privacy-centre.html.
In case, unsatisfied answer to entrants’ request, entrants may rise a complain before the French National Data Protection Authority (Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés or CNIL) www.cnil.fr
Item 14: Claims
Registering and competing for the MIPIM Awards implies full acceptance of the present Rules.
The Rules and the MIPIM Awards are governed by French law.
If no amicable settlement can be reached, any dispute arising in connection with the construction and/or performance of the Rules as well as said Awards shall fall under the jurisdiction of the Commercial Court of Paris, which is expressly acknowledged and agreed by the parties.